Facts & Information
WELCOME: Blue Knights Georgia Chapter XI is honored to host the SRC Fall 2021 Conference in the North Georgia Mountains – Helen, GA. While the conference will provide the traditional aspects of an SRC semi-annual event such as nightly hospitality, a banquet and awards ceremony, a primary emphasis will be on riding. For decades Helen and vicinity have been a favorite riding destination for Blue Knights and other motorcyclists. This venue was selected for its quaint mountain setting, away from the heavy traffic and noise of a large city, and for its proximity to well-known mountain motorcycling roads of North Georgia, North Carolina and Tennessee, such as The Wolf, The Gauntlet, Six-Gap, the Tail of the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, and the Moonshiner 28. The host hotel - Unicoi Lodge, is a resort-like facility that can accommodate our group exclusively, giving us a family atmosphere and privacy from the general public. We will enjoy amenities like covered motorcycle parking, an inexpensive buffet restaurant serving three meals per day, and a free shuttle running to and from the nearby town of Helen. The small town of Helen offers a unique Bavarian Village atmosphere providing a glimpse of Germany, right here in Georgia. Blue Knights Georgia Chapter XI is thrilled to share this great riding and vacation experience with other Blue Knights.
SRC Fall 2020 Postponement to Fall of 2021
New Conference Dates:
- The SRC Executive Board approved the rescheduling of the SRC Fall 2020 Conference to the Fall of 2021. (Link to SRC Official Bulletin)
- The new dates are Thursday, September 30th through Sunday, October 3rd, 2021.
- The ride to the Tail of the Dragon is set for Thursday, September 30th, 2021. Those going on this all-day ride should consider arriving on Wednesday, September 29th.
- The conference schedule of events will be basically the same and has been updated on this website to reflect the new 2021 dates.
- The same room rate (starting at $109 per night) will be available for the 2021 event. More rooms and cabins have been added to the room block so there should be less need for overflow lodging. Overflow lodging will be available.
- The Host Hotel (Unicoi Lodge) has attempted to contact everyone that made reservations in the group room block. For those that have not been reached by Tuesday, September 1, 2020, your reservations were automatically be moved to the 2021 event dates. It is highly suggested that you verify the status of your reservation by calling the hotel.
- The overflow hotel, SureStay, will also automatically move everyone registered in the SureStay group block to the new 2021 dates. However, because of computer software limitations, the SureStay is unable to take any new reservations for the 2021 conference until November 1, 2020. It is highly suggested that you verify the status of your reservation by calling the hotel.
- If you wish to cancel or change your room reservation, you will need to contact the hotel.
- For those that made a room deposit and cancel, the deposit will be returned by the hotel.
- Members registered in 2020 have the option to remain registered for the 2021 event.
- Any conference registrations and t-shirt orders already made or made before September 1st for 2020 at the current rate ($70 per member/$130 per couple) will be honored for the 2021 event.
- Registrations made after September 1st, 2020 will increase to $80 per member/$150 per couple. This increase is necessary to offset the increased costs associated with hosting the event in 2021.
- If you received a refund for the 2020 event you will need to re-register for the 2021 event. The registration fee and t-shirt cost for the 2021 event will increase slightly.
- Refunds for the canceled 2020 Conference were processed up to October 15, 2020.
The host hotel is the Unicoi Lodge, located less than three miles from the town of Helen, GA. Unicoi Lodge has covered and outside parking on the premises. Trailer parking is available at Unicoi Lodge. Because Unicoi Lodge is located inside a Georgia State Park overnight guests are charged a state-mandated parking fee. The fee is charged in conjunction with a Lodge Service Fee that will be added to the nightly room rate. The is no parking fee for daily visitors to the Lodge.
The overflow hotel is the SureStay by Best Western Helen Downtown. Conveniently located in the center of downtown Helen. Parking at the SureStay is free. Trailer parking is available.
Parking in the town of Helen, GA - There is some limited free on-street parking in the town of Helen. Many merchants, restaurants, and attractions have free parking. In addition, there are several government-operated and privately-operated pay parking lots with while hourly or one time fees. Generally, the government-operated lots are less expensive.
GA XI has arranged for an overflow hotel approximately three (3) miles away in the town of Helen, GA. The drive from Helen to the conference venue at Unicoi Lodge should prove to be simple with no traffic lights and only one turn before arrival. The room rate is the same general room rate ($109) as the host hotel. Parking is free at the overflow hotel. Trailer parking is available.
Registrations are now being taken for the SRC Fall 2021 Conference.
Registration fees are $80.00 PER MEMBER / $150.00 PER COUPLE.
After September 1, 2021 registration fees increase to $90.00 per person/ $170.00 per couple.
Registrations received prior to June 1, 2021, will be entered into a drawing for one person to be reimbursed for a one-person registration and one T-Shirt.
Event T-Shirts should be ordered during registration to ensure availability. T-shirts orders will not be accepted after September 1, 2021. T-Shirts are $15 for up to XL and $18 for XXL and above.
A donation of $1.00 from every event T-Shirt sold will be made to the SRC Band-Aid Fund. The SRC Band-Aid Fund is an accident injury fund similar to, and in supplemental to, the Blue Knights International BOG Special Fund.
Registration may be accomplished online or by completing a mail-in registration form. Online registration and payment is the fastest and most convenient method.
October 4, 2021: No further refunds will be considered. Generally, refunds "were" given in accordance with guidelines set forth by Blue Knights International and the SRC pertaining to hosting a regional conference. The time to request or receive a refund has passed. The event has been held and ended. We are sorry you did not attend or advise us prior to the start of the event of your intent not to attend. Items such as planned meals, t-shirts (if any were ordered by you), and other costs associated with your attendance were paid for by the host chapter, therefore a refund at this time is not possible. Additionally, t-shirts had to be picked up at the event, the host chapter (as stated) is not in a position to ship them.
Just two miles northeast of Helen, Georgia nestled in the North Georgia Mountains is the ultimate mountain retreat destination. Unicoi State Park & Lodge is centered around beautiful Lake Unicoi within the Chattahoochee National Forest. Visitors discover an array of outdoor adventure and relaxation opportunities including archery and target shooting, fly fishing, paddle boarding, boat rentals, zip-lining, mountain biking or simply lounging lakeside on the beach.
Alpine Helen, Georgia – with a population of only 430 residents – is the state’s third most visited city. There is no other town that packs so much charm and so much to do into only 2.1 square miles. The town started as a home to the Cherokee, and then to European settlers who came for the gold and the timber. Today, people come for the Blue Ridge Mountain setting and the Southeast’s finest Bavarian Village - a glimpse of Germany, right here in Georgia.
Alpine Helen's Oktoberfest celebrations have been going on for 50 years, involving multiple weeks of traditional dancing, food, and, of course, beer from September to October. Held in the city’s riverside Festhalle, the permanent home of the festivities, the celebration is the longest-running of its kind in the United States.
Quaint hotels, cobblestone walkways, Alpine food and drink (over 20 restaurants) invite you to lose yourself for a family getaway, a quiet weekend, or a walking tour. Surrounded by natural beauty, wineries, artisan tours, festivals, and much, much more...
SRC Fall 2020 event T-SHIRTS. T-SHIRTS will be a premium light-weight soft cotton, dark grey in color, and feature the logo design on the back, an additional logo on the front pocket area, and a flag design on the sleeve.
Event T-SHIRTS should be ordered with your full event registration, however, T-SHIRTS may be ordered separately for those that failed to order with their initial registration or those that wish to purchase additional shirts. The availability of additional t-shirts for purchase at the event will be very limited.
T-SHIRTS must be PICKED UP AT THE EVENT, they will not be shipped. T-SHIRT orders must be placed no later than SEPTEMBER 1, 2020.
Chapter Sales Information
- Chapter Sales tables and space is available at no charge to Blue Knights Chapters, regardless of Conference affiliation.
- You must reserve your table or space prior to the event, preferably before September 1, 2021.
- To reserve a table or space contact the host Chapter President, Mike Shockley.
Sponsorship opportunities are available at various levels. The Sponsorship Form linked below contains some suggested levels, however, to discuss specific details and needs please contact us directly.
The Blue Knights® International Law Enforcement Motorcycle Club is a 503c10 non-profit fraternal organization. Monetary donations will be accepted. Donations of items or merchandise for door prizes and silent auction functions will also be accepted. Monetary donation may be made on-line using the following link: PAY HERE. Please contact us for directions on how to make a donation by cash or check, or to donate specific items or merchandise.
Vendor space is available. Generally, tables without power start at $100 per table. Tables with power are $125. Other inside and outside options may be possible. Payment and a completed registration form must be received no later than September 15, 2020. Payments may be made online at the following link: PAY HERE. For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.